Welcome to this month’s newsletter. With January behind us, spring is a real possibility and we are heroing lemons. They are fantastic in cocktails where they are a go-to source of balance and citrus zing. I love them in classic puddings, but they are also delicious in savoury food. With many of us (myself included) still striving to be a bit healthier as a new year’s resolution, our lemon pasta recipe is low fat, yet packed full of flavour.
February brings Valentine’s day and we will be posting plenty of cocktails on social media that will enable you to celebrate it without any alcohol. It is a leap year, so we are gifted another day and will be coming up with some ideas on how we can make the most of that.
This is a delicious cocktail with a wonderful combination of sweetness, citrus and mint flavours. A great Borrago twist on the classic mojito.
Click here for the Recipe
NON-ALCOHOLIC VALENTINE'S COCKTAILS
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and we have the perfect selection of delicious non-alcoholic valentine’s cocktails. Make sure you follow @borragodrinks on Instagram for the recipes and check out our latest blog for the " Top 10 non-alcoholic cocktails for valentine's day".
LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA
A light dish with fresh punchy flavours, just right to keep the cold out and the colds away!Serves 2-3
1 Head of Garlic, 10-15 cloves
50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
75ml Fresh Lemon Juice Zest of a lemon
A good shake of chilli flakes
200g of spaghetti or linguini
- Peel the garlic cloves, drizzle with a little oil and bake under foil at 200*C for 30 minutes. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and chop
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions until al dente.
- Heat the oil and chopped garlic in a pan over a medium heat for a few minutes to infuse the garlic flavor
- Pour in the lemon juice and chilli flakes, then cook for a couple more minutes
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss with the lemon garlic sauce until fully coated, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with a sprinkle of lemon zest, a few more chili flakes if you like it spicy and plenty of delicious grated parmesan
We hope you have enjoyed this newsletter and look forward to chatting more next year. Say hello on social media with @BorragoDrinks
Thank you for making it to the end, until next time, all the best - Tom TH