What is Borrago?
Borrago is a delicious non-alcoholic spirit. Designed to taste as good as or better than alcoholic drinks, it gives a real choice and a moreish, sophisticated drink worth celebrating with. It is designed for mixing, not drinking straight, so have a look at some of our cocktails.
A non-alcoholic spirit, how does that work?
We call it a non-alcoholic sprit, because you use it like gin or vodka as a base for cocktails. But it does not try to mimic them. It is built from the ground up to give a drink like no other. Complex, layered and smooth, it uses six botanicals to give a dry, delicious flavour, a mouth-watering, moreish nose and a long smooth finish.
How is it made?
We have carefully selected six delicious botanicals (herbs and spices) which are individually steam distilled and processed to keep their unique properties. These are then blended and bottled to create a drink like no other. It has taken a long time to get this right, so we are keeping the secrets of how we do this and some of the ingredients close to our chest!
Is there any alcohol?
We have no alcohol and don’t use alcohol at any point in our manufacturing. We are currently undergoing full halal accreditation
Is Borrago suitable for pregnant women?
Yes. We have specifically looked into this. The founders wife has happily drunk it (regularly!) while pregnant. We don’t take any risks with this. For further advice talk to your doctor.
How about vegan, vegitarian and gluten?
Borrago is vegan and vegitarian friendly and is gluten free.
How many calories are in it?
We have no calories at all.
Is there any sugar or sweetener?
No, we don’t use any sugar or sweeteners at all.
Are there any allergens?
We don’t have any ingredients classified of allergens and are specifically free of all the allergens below:
- Almond, Hazelnut, Walnut, Cashew, Pecan nut, Brazil nut, Pistachio nut, Macadamia nut and Queensland nut
- Celery and celery derivatives
- Cereals containing gluten
- Crustaceans and their derivatives
- Egg & egg derivatives
- Fish and fish products
- Lupin and their derivatives
- Milk & milk derivatives (including lactose)
- Molluscs and their derivatives
- Mustard and mustard derivatives
- Nuts & nut derivatives
- Peanut and peanut derivatives
- Soybeans & soybean derivatives
- Sesame seed and derivatives
- Sulphur dioxide / sulphites
- Wheat, Rye, Barley, Oats, Spelt, Kamut or their derivatives